Tahari: This dish made of rice will win your heart, it is prepared by mixing many vegetables...
Many people in our country are crazy about dishes made from rice. They start feeling hungry as soon as they hear the name of rice. If rice is not available in the food then their stomach is not filled. Today we are going to tell you about the wonderful rice dish Tahari. It is very tasty to eat. Also, it does not take much effort to make it. Many vegetables are added to it, which makes it special. This dish is very much liked in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. If you have been eating heavy food during the festive season then definitely make this for your break. Many people consider Tehri as veg pulao or fried rice. There is a slight difference between these. It is cooked in a cooker with all the vegetables.
1 cup rice
1 cup green peas (optional)
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pinch asafoetida
half cup curd
half teaspoon red chilli powder
half a teaspoon turmeric powder
3-4 finely chopped green chillies
1 finely chopped tomato
1 finely chopped onion
- First of all, clean and wash 1 cup rice and soak it in 2 cups lukewarm water for 15-20 minutes.
After this, cut potatoes, tomatoes, green chilies, and onions. Now add mustard oil to a cooker and heat it.
- Add asafoetida and cumin seeds and fry. Add chopped onion and fry. Now add tomatoes, peas, and green chillies to it.
Now add turmeric to it and sprinkle salt as per requirement.
- Cook the vegetables for some time. Now add curd, red chilli and mix it.
After this, wash the rice thoroughly 2-3 times and put it in the cooker.
- Add double the amount of water in it and stir it well and cook on low flame with a lid on.
- Turn off the gas after 3 whistles. Serve with green coriander chutney.
- If you want, you can also serve Bundi raita or pickle with it.
- You can also add carrots, capsicum or all your favorite vegetables in it.
PC Social media