Satish Kaushik Death: If you cross the age of 60, then keep a close eye on these symptoms of 'heart attack', know how to protect yourself?
Satish Kaushik Death: After the celebration of Holi, sad news shocked everyone. Who would have thought that Bollywood's famous actor Satish Kaushik, who had spread happiness during Holi celebrations a day earlier, would pass away a few hours later? Satish Kaushik, who left an impression of his acting on many people, has died due to a heart attack. His age was only 66 years. After the death of the actor, people are in a state of shock as to how the veteran artist, who looked perfectly fine the day before, died suddenly.
How does a heart attack come?
A heart attack is also called a myocardial infarction. A person gets a heart attack when the blood supply to the heart muscle is not done properly or stops. According to the Indian Express report, immediate treatment is needed to restart the blood flow. However, when immediate treatment is not available, the heart muscles keep on getting damaged and if the condition worsens, death also occurs. The process of heart attack is so fast that it is often impossible to reach immediate treatment. This is the reason why heart attack patients have a higher risk of death.
If you are more than 60 years of age, then before the danger of a heart attack, you should identify these signs immediately: –
Recognize these symptoms of heart attack
1. In most cases of heart attack, discomfort or mild pain is felt in the middle or left side of the chest, which can last for more than a few minutes. Chest discomfort may feel like uncomfortable pressure, cramping or pain. Mild discomfort or burning sensation in the chest is usually ignored as gas. In addition, pain in the shoulders or arms is also ruled out. Any kind of heaviness or pain in the chest should never be ignored.
2. Feeling of weakness or fainting and dizziness. cold sweat
3. Pain and discomfort in the jaw, neck, back or upper abdomen.
4. Pain or discomfort in one or both hands or shoulders.
5. Feeling difficulty in breathing. This is often accompanied by chest pain. However, before chest discomfort, breathing problems can also arise.
6. Excessive sweating.
How can people above 60 years of age avoid a heart attack?
1. Quit smoking or vaping. Avoid taking second-hand smoke as well.
2. Always maintain blood pressure below 120/80 mm Hg.
3. Keep checking the level of cholesterol.
4. Avoid food items with saturated fat, trans fat, sodium (present in salt) and extra sugar.
5. Be physically active. Set a target of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity a week.
6. Keep the weight under control. A normal body mass index is between 18.5–24.9.
7. Fasting blood sugar should be less than 100 mg/dL.
8. Get good sleep. Take 7 to 9 hours of sleep in a day.
9. Get a regular medical checkup done.
10. Take your medicines on time.
11. Don't be careless about your health.