Rajasthani Food: The special dish of Rajasthan is Dal Bati Churma, tourists come here to get its unmatched taste...
It is made in most of the houses in Rajasthan. Even in many events, this dish is prepared for the guests. No matter which corner of the country or world you are in, you can make it easily with the recipe given by us. You will find it so delicious that you will want to make it again and again.
Ingredients of Baati
Flour: 2 cups
Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee/butter: 1/4 cup
Water: to knead the dough
Ingredients of Churma
Ghee/butter: 4 spoons
Sugar powder: 4 teaspoons
Almonds and cashews: 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Ingredients of Dal
Moong Dal: 1/2 cup
Masoor dal: 1/4 cup
Chana dal: 1/4 cup
Water: 4-5 cups
Ghee: 2 spoons
Mustard: 1 teaspoon
Cumin: 1 cup
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Chopped Onion: 1
Green chilli: 2
Coriander leaves: 1/2 bowl
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Kashmiri chilli: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala: 1/2 teaspoon
salt as per taste
Recipe for making Baati
- First of all, keep some coal on a stove to heat.
- Add flour, ghee, salt, and baking soda in a big vessel and mix it.
- After this, knead a tight dough by adding water to it and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
-Make small balls of dough. Make them round and make a mark in the middle. By pressing the wick in the middle, it does not burst.
- Now place the Baati on a wire tray over pre-heated coals and cook until golden on both sides.
- After the Baati is cooked, take it out on a vessel and dip it in desi ghee.
- To make churma, first break 2-3 sticks and grind them into powder or grind them in a mixer.
Now heat ghee in a pan add the powdered bati into it and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until it turns golden.
After this, mix sugar, cardamom powder, and finely chopped almonds and cashews in the pan and take them out in a bowl.
Recipe for making dal
- Mix moong, lentils, and gram and cook in a pressure cooker till 4 whistles.
After this, heat some ghee in a pan add mustard, cumin and asafoetida and fry for a while.
Then after frying the pre-chopped onion and green chillies, add tomatoes and cook for some time.
Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chili and salt in the pan and fry it for some time.
- After this, add already cooked lentils to the onion and tomato mixture and cook till it boils.
Now take out the prepared dal in a bowl and garnish with green coriander.
After this, serve dal, baati, and churma hot with desi ghee on a big plate.
PC Social media