Punjabi Recipe: Cashew curry is a popular Punjabi vegetable, know the recipe here...
Cashews ½ cup
green peas ¾ cup
Makhana 1½ cups
Onion 1 medium 125 grams
Green chilli 1-2
Ginger 1½ inch piece
Tomatoes 2 medium / about 250 grams
Kasuri Methi ½ tsp
coriander powder 2 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp/as per taste
Ghee/oil 3 tbsp
Fresh cream ½ cup Water 1 cup
Chopped coriander 1 tbsp
whole spices bay leaves 2
green cardamom 4
Cinnamon 2 pieces (½ inch wide and 1 inch long)
1. Peel the onion and ginger and wash them. Remove the stalk from the green chilies and wash them. Cut them coarsely and grind them finely in a blender. Wash the tomato, cut it into four pieces, and then grind it in a blender.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil/ghee in a non-stick pan. Now roast the cashews on medium flame until they turn pink-red. Keep the roasted cashews aside.
3. Again heat 1 tsp oil/ghee in a non-stick pan. Now fry the makhanas in it till they become crisp and keep them aside. Now again heat about 2 tbsp oil/ghee in a non-stick pan. Add all the spices in it. Add (bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon) and fry on a medium flame for about a minute.
4. When the spices are roasted, a very fragrant aroma arises. Now add onion paste and fry until the onion turns golden. It takes about 8 minutes. Now add coriander powder, red chili powder, and turmeric powder, Add kasuri methi and garam masala. Mix all the ingredients well.
5. Fry the spices well for 1 minute. Now add tomato puree and fry till the ghee leaves the sides. This process takes 3-5 minutes.
6. Now add fresh cream and fry for a minute. Then add about 1 cup water, sugar, and salt and boil the curry for 3-4 minutes.
7. Now add green peas and cook for about 2 minutes. (I have used frozen peas which are already soaked but if you are adding fresh peas then add them to the curry after boiling in hot water for 2 minutes
8. Now add pre-roasted cashew nuts and makhana and mix all the ingredients well. Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
9. Shahi Cashew Curry is now ready to serve. Garnish Shahi Cashew Curry with chopped coriander and raisins to make it more royal.
PC social media