Mawa Gujiya: Mawa Gujiya is the perfect sweet for festivals, know the recipe here...
Many types of sweets are made in homes during festivals. Among these, the name of Gujiya also figures prominently. It is a traditional sweet dish that has held a place in people's hearts for years. Although Gujiya can be made in many ways, but Mawa Gujiya is the most popular. Anyway, the taste of all the sweets made from mawa is such that it is quite satisfying and gives happiness to the mind. The taste of Mawa Gujiya attracts everyone from children to adults. To make it, along with mawa, dry fruits are also used. It is quite easy to prepare it at home.
Flour – 2 bowls
Mawa – 1 bowl
Sugar – 2 bowls
Desi ghee – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Almond slices – 1 tsp
- First of all, sift flour in a vessel. After this, add one-fourth cup of ghee in it and mix it.
Now knead the flour dough for Gujiya by adding water little by little.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for half an hour. Now heat a pan on medium flame.
- Add mawa to it and fry it until it turns light brown. After this, take it out on a plate and keep it cool.
When the mawa remains lukewarm, add sugar and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- After this add chopped almonds to it. Then take the flour and make balls from it.
- Now take a ball, roll it out, put the mawa filling in the middle, and close it.
Now with the help of a fancy cutter, cut the Gujiya from the edges and give it a shape. In this way prepare Gujiya with all the stuffing.
Now put ghee in a pan and heat it. When ghee melts, add Gujiyas and deep fry them.
Fry the Gujiya until its color becomes golden from both sides.
After this, take out the Gujiya on a plate. Fry all the Gujiyas like this. After this, prepare syrup by adding sugar and water to another pan.
- Put the prepared Mawa Gujiya in the syrup and keep it soaked for some time.
Now take out the Gujiya in a plate and keep it aside. Similarly, dip all the Gujiyas in the syrup and keep them aside to dry. These will be set in some time.
PC Social media