Breakfast Recipe: Make fiber rich Rava Upma for breakfast, everyone will enjoy breakfast...
If you are tired of eating the same things for breakfast every day, then you can try this unique dish. You can prepare and eat Rava Upma which is rich in fiber. By consuming it, you will remain energetic for a long time and your digestive system will also remain healthy. If your kids are fussy eaters, they will gobble up this delicious recipe with gusto. So let's know about the method of making it...
Rava - 2 cups
Urad dal - 2 tbsp
Gram dal - 2 tbsp
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Ginger - 1 cup
Carrot - 1 cup
Green peas – 1 cup
Capsicum - 1 cup
Fried cashews – 6-7
Curry leaves – 2-3
oil as per requirement
Desi Ghee - 2 tbsp
Lemon – 2 tbsp
salt to taste
Green chilli - 2
Mustard – 2 tbsp
1. First of all, finely chop onion, tomato, green chili, carrot, capsicum, peas, and green coriander leaves.
2. After this, put ghee in a pan and heat it. After the ghee is heated, add rava to it and fry it.
3. Fry the rava for 3-4 minutes until it turns light brown.
4. Keep stirring the mixture occasionally with a spoon. After the stipulated time, take out the mixture on a plate.
5. Put oil in a separate pan and heat it. After heating, fry the mustard seeds in oil.
6. When the mustard seeds start turning brown, add asafoetida, curry leaves, urad dal, gram dal, and fry.
7. After this add chopped onion, chopped green chilli, and ginger.
8. Fry the mixture well until it turns brown.
9. After roasting, add carrots, capsicum and tomatoes. After this, cook all the ingredients for 3 minutes.
10. Then add water and let it boil.
11. When the water starts boiling, add roasted semolina to it.
12. After adding soja, squeeze a lemon into it.
13. Add lemon and cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
14. Now cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
15. Keep stirring it occasionally. After this turn off the gas.
16. Leave the upma like this for 10 minutes. After the stipulated time, garnish the upma with green coriander and serve.
PC Scial media