How to track lost mobile: Don't worry if your phone is lost, you can track it from this government website, here is the process
In today's era, nothing can be more painful than losing your phone or having it stolen. Because all the important details are in our smartphone only. After losing the phone, you can buy a new phone, but a lot of data also gets lost along with the old mobile. Meanwhile, the government has made it very easy to track a lost phone. The government has launched a website, which will tell about the location of your lost phone. Through this, you can also get your smartphone back.
For information, let us tell you that the government has launched the Sanchar Saathi portal (www.sancharsaathi.gov.in). From here you can also block or track your lost phone. However, for this, you must have the IMEI number of the mobile, which is written on the box.
These are the processes
- To block a stolen or lost phone, first click on https://sancharsaathi.gov.in/.
- Select Citizen Centric Services in this.
- Here you will see the option of Block Your Lost/Stolen Mobile.
- Click on this option and enter the necessary details related to the mobile.
- Now both mobile numbers and 15-digit IMEI numbers will have to be filled.
- Apart from this, you will also have to upload the device model and mobile invoice here.
- After this, information about the date, time, district and state of losing the mobile will also have to be given.
- Along with this, a copy of the FIR, location of the police station, name of the district and state will also have to be entered.
- After this, you will be asked for personal information like name, address, email etc.
- After filling in all the details, finally select the Disclaimer option and submit the form.
Your phone will be blocked as soon as the form is submitted. Through this, you can also track the phone
How is the Sanchar Sathi portal effective?
Finding a lost phone has become easier since the launch of the Sanchar Sathi portal. With this, more than 40 lakh fake connections have been detected so far. Even more than half the people have got their phones back. It is not that your phone and SIM will be blocked forever. After getting the phone, you can also unblock everything
Image Credit: Freepik