Handvo Recipe: The mixture of this Gujarati dish is prepared from lentils, know the recipe here...
Gujarat is very famous for its food. Many Gujarati dishes have made their mark in Indian homes. These include Dhokla, Fafda, and many other food dishes. People also like another dish, Handvo, there. Handvo is settled in the hearts and minds of people because of its distinct taste. Mixed pulses are used to make Handvo. This is a healthy dish. It can be prepared and eaten for breakfast also. If you haven't made this dish at home yet, don't worry. We are going to tell you the easy method of making it.
Rice – 1 cup
Chana dal – 1/2 cup
Toor dal – 1/4 cup
Urad dal – 2 tbsp
Curd – 1/2 cup
Grated cabbage – 1/2 cup
Grated carrots – 1/4 cup
Grated bottle gourd – 1 cup
Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
Green chilli chopped – 1
Green coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Mustard – 3/4 tsp
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Sesame – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 10-12
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Fruit salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
- First of all, clean rice, gram dal, urad dal, and toor dal and wash it with water 2-3 times.
- After this, put everything in a vessel and keep it soaked. After soaking for 4 hours, drain off the excess water and put it all in a mixer jar.
- Add half a cup of curd in it and blend it to prepare a smooth and thick paste. After this, put the prepared batter in a big bowl.
- After pouring the batter into the bowl, cover it and keep it overnight so that it can ferment properly.
For this, you can also use fruit salt or Eno.
After this, add green chili, red chili powder, turmeric, sugar, ginger paste, and salt to the batter and mix.
- Add 2 tsp oil in it and mix it. The consistency of the batter should be like idli batter.
Now add 3 teaspoons of oil in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- After the oil is hot, prepare the tadka by adding cumin seeds, mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves.
- After a few seconds, add one and a half cups of handvo batter and spread it evenly.
Now cover the pan and cook until the upper layer of handvo dries. After this, turn it and fry it.
- Bake it until the handvo is completely cooked. Make handvo from the entire batter in the same manner. Serve it with green or red chutney.
PC Social media