Diwali Special: Chakli will be good for Diwali, can be stored, not difficult to make..
Diwali is near. It is a festival of eating and feeding to your heart's content. Preparation of food items for this festival starts many days in advance. One such dish is the famous Chakli of Maharashtra, which can be prepared right away and kept in an airtight container for several days. It does not spoil. Its taste is amazing. We are going to tell you the easy method of making Chakli so that you can taste it no matter which corner of the country you are in.
Rice – 1/2 kg
Chana dal – 250 grams
Moong dal – 150 grams
Urad dal – 150 grams
Cumin powder – 2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
chakli making machine
- First of all, soak moong dal, rice, urad dal, and chana dal separately.
- Soak them for about 6 hours. After this, take all these out and dry them.
- When these four ingredients dry well, put them in a pan and cook on low flame until they turn golden.
- After this keep them cool. When all the things cool down, grind them with the help of a mixer grinder or cob batta i.e. prepare flour.
- Now take 2 cups of flour prepared above in a big vessel and add butter, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt and mix it.
Now divide this dough into two parts. Knead a stiff dough by adding water little by little to the first portion.
- Now make balls of the dough and take one ball each and put it in the chakli machine and prepare chakli of the desired shape.
- Spread them on a plate or a cotton cloth and keep them on it.
- When the balls from one part of the dough are finished, knead the other dough hard and prepare chaklis from them too.
Now place the pan on the gas and add oil to it and heat it.
- When the oil gets heated well, add chaklis as per the capacity of the pan and fry them.
- Fry all the chaklis in this way. Now keep these chakras to cool.
PC Social media