Diwali Recipe: Try Chandrakala Gujhiya this festival, know the recipe here...
Gujiyas dipped in sugar syrup add sweetness not only to the mouth but also to relationships. You might have made simple Gujhiya on many occasions but this time on this festival try Chandrakala Gujhiya.
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Chironji – 1 tablespoon
Chopped almonds – 1 tsp
Chopped cashew nuts – 1 tsp
Chopped pistachios – 1 tsp
Semolina – 2 tbsp
Dry coconut – ½ cup
Khoya – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Flour – one and a half cup
Water as required – 1 cup
oil for frying
Sugar - 1 cup
Silver leaf (varak) – 2 nos.
- First of all, heat the pan, add ghee, chironji, almonds, cashews, pistachios and fry for 30 seconds.
Now add semolina and fry for 1 minute. Now add dry coconut to it and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Take it out in a bowl. After this, add khoya and cardamom powder to it, mix well, and keep it aside.
- Add flour, and ghee to a paratha, mix well, add water, and knead a stiff dough.
- Cover it with a wet muslin cloth and keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Add sugar and water to another pan and let it cook on low flame. Now make a roll of it and make small balls from it.
- Take two portions at a time, roll them into small puris, apply water on the edges of the puri, place the stuffing in the center of one puri, cover it with another circle, and press the edges to seal it completely.
- Make continuous pinch folds to get the pattern. Make all the Gujiyas in the same manner.
- Now put Chandrakala in hot oil and fry it on low flame till it turns golden. Take it out on paper and let it cool.
Now add sugar to water, heat it, and turn off the gas once syrup is formed.
Now put Chandrakala in the syrup and cover it from all sides. Take it out on a serving plate, garnish with pistachios and silver leaves.
PC Social media