Dinner Recipe: Rajma Masala is very popular in North India, know the recipe here...
Rich in Punjabi flavor, Rajma Masala has such magic in its taste that once you eat it, you will want to try it again. Rajma is full of nutrition. The vegetable made from it is also very tasty. It is very popular in North India, especially in Punjab and Delhi. If you are also fond of eating kidney beans, then you can try this dish. It is not very difficult to make it. To make this vegetable full of spices, we are going to tell its easy recipe. With its help, you can enjoy Rajma Masala at lunch or dinner.
Rajma – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Tomato Puree – 2 cups
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 2
Cumin whole – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Mango powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Green coriander chopped – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Cloves – 4-5
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Bay leaf – 1
Black cardamom – 1
Salt – as per taste
- First of all, soak Rajma in water overnight.
After this, add water, bay leaves, black cardamom, soaked kidney beans, and 1 teaspoon salt as per requirement in the pressure cooker and cook.
- Turn off the gas after the cooker gives 6-7 whistles. After this let the cooker cool down on its own.
Now put ghee in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
When ghee melts, add cumin, cinnamon, and cloves and fry.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté for some time. Along with this, also add ginger-garlic paste and green chili.
When the color of the onion turns golden brown, add tomato puree to it and let it cook.
- Cook it while stirring until the puree becomes thick. It will take about 10 minutes for this to happen.
- When the puree starts releasing ghee, reduce the flame and add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and dry mango powder and stir with a ladle.
When the aroma starts coming from the spices, add boiled kidney beans to it mix well cover the pan and let the beans cook for 15 minutes.
- After the stipulated time, remove the lid and add Kasuri fenugreek and finely chopped green coriander to the Rajma.
Rajma masala is ready. It can be served with naan, roti or rice.
PC Social media