Chhath Puja 2023: Chhath Puja is incomplete without these 5 things, know the puja material and rules...
This year Chhath Puja is going to start from 17th November. On this day, Nahay Khay is the first day of Chhath Puja. In Chhath Puja, Chhathi Maiya and Surya Dev are worshipped. The fast of Chhath Puja is very difficult because it requires fasting for 18 hours or more. Nirjala fast means that the person observing the fast should not consume food or water. The content and rules of Chhath Puja are different from other fasts. There are 5 things, without which Chhath Puja is incomplete. If you do not do these things then your Chhath Puja may prove futile. Let us know about the rules of Chhath Puja and the materials of Chhath Puja from Dr. Mrityunjay Tiwari, Head of the Astrology Department of Shri Kallaji Vedic University.
Chhath Puja is incomplete without these 5 things
1. Bottle gourd, gram pulses and rice
Chhath Puja starts with Nahay Khay. Bottle gourd, gram dal, and rice are important on the first day. The person observing the fast has to take this in his food on the day of Nahay Khay. This food is prepared for every fasting person.
2. Coconut and Soup
Actually, there are many materials that are used in Chhath Puja. But having coconut and soup is mandatory in Chhath Puja. Without this, Arghya cannot be offered to the Sun God. When Arghya is offered to the Sun God, coconut and other ingredients are kept in the soup and Arghya is offered with water.
3. Thekua and banana
The main part of the Prasad of Chhath Puja is Thekua, which is quite famous. It is necessary to have Thekua in the Prasad. Vrati made it on the day of Kharna. Banana is definitely kept in Chhath Puja.
4. Half to the Sun
It is mandatory to offer Ardhya to the Sun during Chhath Puja, without this, your worship cannot be complete. On the next day of Kharna, Ardha is offered to the setting sun, and on the next morning, Parana is offered to the rising sun.
5. Yellow Sindoor or Bhakra Sindoor
During Chhath Puja, fasting married women apply yellow vermillion. Yellow vermillion is also called Bhakra vermillion. Sindoor is considered a symbol of good luck, which is why women apply yellow vermillion during every fast and festival.
Chhath puja material list
1. Soup, bamboo bowl, bamboo basket, new wheat, and rice (for thekua and prasad)
2. Water, milk, pot, glass, plate, jaggery, sugar, sweets, honey, black gram
3. Semolina, flour, incense sticks, kumkum, camphor, yellow vermillion, sandalwood, Akshat
4. Dabh or big lemon, banana, pear, custard apple, radish, sweet potato, sweet potato.
5. Earthen lamp, four-sided lamp, cotton, wick
6. Mustard oil, turmeric, radish and ginger plant, 5 or 7 sugarcanes straight and long
7. Webbing garland, banana horseradish, betel leaf, kerao.
Rules of chhath puja
1. Take special care of cleanliness during Chhath Puja.
2. It is necessary for the person performing Chhath Puja to keep Nirjala fast.
3. On the day of Nahay Khay, the fasting person eats bottled gourd, gram dal, rock salt, and rice.
4. Do not eat anything from sunrise to sunset on the day of Kharna. After sunset, they perform puja and eat kheer, roti, or jaggery-rice made from jaggery and rice.
5. Nirjala fast is observed after the moonset of Kharna.
6. Arghya is offered to the setting sun on Shashthi Tithi and to the rising sun on Saptami.
7. Parana is performed only after offering Arghya to the rising sun.
PC Social media