Bhai Dooj Special: Make Tasty Dal Puri and Kheer for brothers on Bhaiya Dooj..
Bhai Dooj 2023: The importance of Bhai Dooj is no less than Rakshabandhan. This festival is also a symbol of brother-sister love. Which will be celebrated on both 14th and 15th November this year. According to mythological beliefs, the Bhai Dooj festival is related to Yamraj, the god of death, hence it is called Yam Dwitiya. On this day, sisters apply tilak on the forehead of their brothers and pray for their long and happy lives. After Tilak, food is served to the brothers. On Bhai Dooj, chana dal puri and kheer are specially made. Let us know its recipe.
Recipe to make Dalpuri
1. After separating pebbles etc. from gram dal, keep it soaked for at least 5-6 hours. If you want to make its puri tomorrow, then soak it tonight itself.
2. In the morning, separate the lentils from the water and cook in the cooker till one whistle. Just add four to five spoons of water to the dal for cooking so that it does not become wet.
3. Add 2 tbsp oil in the pan. Add seasoning of cumin, asafoetida, and green chilies to it. After that add ginger-garlic paste and fry it.
4. Now add lightly mashed cooked lentils and fry while stirring continuously.
5. Add turmeric and salt and cook on low flame till the water of the lentils dries up.
6. Once the lentils are roasted, add coriander leaves to it and turn off the gas.
7. Keep the lentils cool and in the meantime knead the dough.
8. Add some salt to the flour and knead it into a soft dough by adding water.
9. Make a ball of dough, fill it with a lentil mixture, and roll it like a paratha. Be careful not to make it too thin.
10. It can also be roasted in a pan or fried like puri. Tastes delicious in both forms.
11. Chana Dal Puri is ready.
- To make rice kheer, first, soak the rice in water for about 1 hour.
To enhance the taste of kheer, cut cashews, almonds, and pistachios into fine pieces.
- After one hour, take out the rice from the water and wash it once again with clean water.
After this, grind the soaked rice coarsely in the mixer. However, it can be used without grinding also.
Now put milk in a deep-bottomed vessel and keep it on the gas flame to boil on medium flame.
- When it boils, add rice to it and reduce the flame of the gas. But keep stirring the rice continuously. So that the kheer does not stick to the bottom of the vessel. Let it cook for at least 15 minutes.
- After this add sugar and cook the kheer for another 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped dry fruits to it and mix.
- Tasty kheer is ready.
PC Social media