Bhai Dooj Special: Make Bhai Dooj special with Gulkand Gujhiya, know the recipe here...
It would be no exaggeration to say that festival means sweets. There is a trend to make everyone's mouth sweet on this occasion. Some like market sweets, while others like homemade sweets. The five-day festival of Diwali has started with Dhanteras. If you are now thinking of making something sweet at home, then our advice is that this time try making Gulkand Gujhiya, which will be different from the normal Gujhiya. This will be a very special sweet for everyone. Both the host and the guests will like its taste. The special thing is that it can also be stored for a few days, which means you can enjoy it for a longer period.
Flour: 2 cups
Ghee: ½ cup
Gulkand: ½ cup
Mawa/Khoya: 2 cups
Sweet fennel: 2 tbsp
Dry coconut: 2 tbsp grated
water as needed
- First of all, knead the flour well. After this, cover this dough and leave it for about 20 minutes.
On the other hand, prepare the filling for Gujiya. For this, keep a pan on the gas.
- Cook the mawa well in this. When its color changes to light brown, then understand that it is ready.
- Turn off the gas. After this, mix fennel, gulkand, coconut, and mawa well.
- After this, take the kneaded dough and knead it once again. After this, prepare small balls of dough.
- Now roll the balls in the shape of puri. Place it in the Gujiya mold and fill the prepared fillings in it.
After this, close the mold and seal the edges properly. Do this carefully so that the Gujiya does not burst while frying.
- Prepare all the Gujiyas in this way and keep covering them with the help of a cloth.
- After this, place a pan on the gas and heat the oil well in it.
- Now add all the Gujhiya and cook till it becomes golden in color.
- In this way Gulkand Gujhiya is ready. These can be stored in an airtight container.
PC Social media