Recipe- Must Try Eggless Chocolate Frosted Coconut Cookies, Know how to make it...
Eggless Chocolate Frosted Coconut Cookies are like your standard sugar cookie but it’s made with desiccated coconut. My family just loves these Eggless Chocolate Frosted Coconut Cookies. It is actually most requested cookies in my house. It is also great cookies for those who are Lacto-Vegetarian.
For Coconut Cookies
2 Cup All-purpose Flour / Maida
¾ cup Melted Butter
¾ cup Powder Sugar
1 cup Desiccated Coconut (Grated Dry Coconut)
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2-3 tbsp Milk
2-3 tbsp Regular Sugar
For Chocolate Frosting
6 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Milk
1 ¾ cup Powder Sugar
* In mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and ¾ cup of desiccated coconut (remaining keep aside for later use), mix it well and keep aside.
* In another bowl add melted butter, powder sugar and mix it using spatula and whisk it to make smooth fluffy batter.
* Add vanilla extract, milk and mix it again. Now add the prepared flour-coconut mixture in it.
* Mix the mixture properly and make a dough, cover it and keep aside.
* Preheat the oven on 350F/180C.
* Now take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or just grease it with butter and dust it with flour.
* Take the prepared dough, dust the little flour on the kitchen counter and roll the dough, sprinkle some sugar and desiccated coconut over it.
* Shape it into the rectangular and roll it again lightly. It should be less than ½ inch thick, then Cut it into 3x3 inch squares.
* Arrange those prepared squares on the cookie sheet, keep some space between two squares, so it won’t stick while baking.
* Place the sheet into the preheated oven and bake it about 12-15 minutes, till slightly golden brown.
* Remove from the oven and let it be cool down on cooling rack. Coconut Cookies are ready, keep them aside.
* For Chocolate Frosting: Place the butter, cocoa powder and milk in the small sauce pan and cook it over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
* Final Process: Working one at a time, spread the frosting as per your choice on one cookie and then immediately sprinkles some dried coconut flakes over it. Use same method for all other cookies (frosting sets quickly so it is important to frost and sprinkle one at a time).
* Eggless Chocolate Frosted Coconut Cookies are ready to eat now. Enjoy these yummy cookies anytime whenever you want.